Samoan Language Week
Response to text
Bold the correct answer (highlight then ctrl + b)
- When is Samoan Language Week celebrated?
a) June 1st
b) July 4th
c) September 15th
d) December 25th
- What is the theme for Samoan Language Week 2023?
a) “Celebrating Our Heritage”
b) “Preserving Our Language”
c) “Embracing Cultural Diversity”
d) “Be proud of your language and grounded in your identity”
- What does “Mitamita i lau gagana, maua’a lou fa’asinomaga” mean?
a) “Speak loud and proud”
b) “Language is power”
c) “Be proud of your language and grounded in your identity”
d) “Learn and preserve your ancestral tongue”
- Why is Samoan Language Week celebrated?
a) To commemorate Samoa’s independence
b) To promote tourism in Samoa
c) To honor the country’s leaders
d) To celebrate the Samoan flag day
- What is the official language of Samoa?
- How many volcanic islands make up the majority of Samoa’s land area?
- What is the capital and largest city of Samoa?
a) Pago Pago
- When did Samoa gain its independence from New Zealand?
- Which countries share maritime borders with Samoa?
a) American Samoa, New Zealand, Tonga, and Wallis and Futuna
b) Fiji, Vanuatu, and Solomon Islands
c) Papua New Guinea, Australia, and Kiribati
d) Marshall Islands, Micronesia, and Palau
- What is the population of Samoa as of 2019?